- 1). Remove the two Phillips screws holding the top of the logic board in place. Remove the loose logic board housing bezel. Pull up on the optical drive ribbon locking bar, and slide the optical drive ribbon from its connector. Disconnect the ribbon from the logic board.
- 2). Remove the two cables on the top of the logic board by gently lifting up on them with the tip of a flat head screwdriver.
- 3). Close the laptop screen, and flip the computer over. Remove the fan, inverter and sleep light cables from the under side of the logic board with the tip of a flat head screwdriver.
- 4). Remove the following screws from the under side of the logic board: the seven 3mm Phillips screws on the edges of the logic board, the 3mm Phillips screw on the bottom right hand corner of the logic board next to the fan and the two 7.5mm Phillips screws on either side of the battery connector.
- 5). Lift up and out on the G4 iBook logic board to remove it from the laptop case.