- 1). Measure and cut a 6-inch square from a sheet of double-sided patterned scrapbook paper.
- 2). Draw diagonal lines from the top-right corner to the bottom-left corner and from the top-left corner to the bottom-right corner with a pencil, making an "X" shape across one side of the paper.
- 3). Draw two dots on each line, 1 inch on either side of the center of the "X."
- 4). Cut from the four corners of the paper to the dots with scissors. This should give you four triangles that connect together at the center.
- 5). Pull the leftmost corner of each triangle shape toward the center of the paper, overlapping them so that they all lie directly over the very center.
- 6). Push the pointed end of a straight pin through the overlapped corners and the center of the paper.
- 7). Poke the end of the pin through the end of a drinking straw.
- 8). Cut the sharp point off of the pin with wire cutters.
- 9). Bend the end of the pin into a loop with needle-nose pliers.